Scanning and digitising your documents is often the first step towards efficiency. However, you'll need a way to manage and find those electronic files.
You already know the problems you face with your paper-based records: lost and misfiled documents, security issues, wasted time searching for information, and difficulties deciding where everything should go. To avoid facing the same problems with your newly digitised files, you'll need to add indexing to your process.
Why You'll Be Glad You Indexed
Without indexing, you've just recreated the problems you faced with your paper-based system. The only real difference is that you'll waste hours each day trying to locate electronic files rather than paper documents. Indexing takes the guesswork out of the entire process.
- Indexing pulls keywords from scanned documents, giving employees the opportunity to add them to your document management database
- The latest technology will allow your staff to index on the fly, from your multi-function device or scanner.
- Once files are indexed and saved, retrieving scanned documents is a simple matter of conducting a keyword search.
- Digitised documents can be easily shared, edited, and retrieved by anyone within your organisation from any location with internet access.
More Document Management Benefits
Faster retrieval isn't the only benefit you'll gain with a document management system. Here are several more you'll appreciate:
- Reduce your storage requirements and put your new-found office space to better use.
- Improve document security to keep confidential information away from unauthorised users.
- Prepare for disaster and business continuity with backed-up and secured digital access, no matter what happens.
- Improve regulatory compliance procedures to avoid penalties.
- Improve customer service by answering inquiries faster and with greater accuracy.
- Improve collaboration and approval processes to save time and money.
- Introduce version control to eliminate errors caused by outdated information.
To discover more ways electronic Document Management can help your organisation improve daily business processes, get in touch with the Business Development Specialists at Inland Technology today!