Financing or renting your multi-function devices and printers is a good way to leverage the latest technologies without making a huge capital investment all at once. For small to medium businesses on a tight budget, it's is a smart business move that helps to level the playing field with bigger competitors.
The End-of-Contract Process
As with all equipment finance, it's critical to have a firm understanding of all aspects of the process. It's easy to get so excited about your new device that you don't look closely into the details of your end-of-contract responsibilities.
Returning Your Device
If you're not prepared for the steps involved in returning your device to the vendor or finance company, you may be caught unprepared. From unexpected expenses to liabilities incurred due to improper handling, shipping your device can be a complex process. To make sure you're ready, find out:
- Who is responsible for packaging and shipping the device, and who pays for it?
- Is shipping insurance a requirement? If not, who is responsible for any loss or damages incurred during shipment?
- If you are responsible for packaging and shipping the device, what steps should you take to ensure its safe travel?
Hard Drive Security
Today's imaging devices are similar to computers; they store all of the data that passes through them. If this data remains on the hard drive when the device leaves your premises, it puts your sensitive data at risk.
To mitigate your risk, make certain you have a clear understanding of this procedure and make certain it's in writing. Your options may include:
- Removal of the hard drive before shipment— You retain ownership of the hard drive, and it remains in your possession.
- Data overwrite— Random or new characters are recorded over your data, making it impossible to retrieve.
- Hard drive shredding— The physical destruction of the hard drive using a mechanical hard drive shredding device.
At Inland Technology, we provide technology solutions and superior service to reduce your costs and improve productivity across your organisation. We’re also here to help you through the end-of-contract process.
As always, at Inland Technology, we make it right! That's our promise to you. Contact us for more information today!