Officially named Toshiba in 1978, the true origin of the company stems back to 1873 with the development of telegraphic equipment in Japan. In 1939 Shibaura Engineering Works combined with Tokyo Electric Company to become Tokyo Shibaura Electric Co, an integrated electric equipment manufacturer. The two leaders in their own fields came together to establish what would become a leading company in the technology industry.
Committed to people and the future, Toshiba seek to raise the quality of life for those all over the world. Their ‘unwavering drive to make and do things that lead to a better world’ sees Toshiba constantly delivering innovative new ideas. Such achievements include:
- 1978 - released the first Japanese word processor
- 1985 - introduced world’s first laptop personal computers
- 1997 - introduced pocket size mobile communicator with built-in PHS, GENIO
- 2001 - commercialised the world's first HDD and DVD video recorder
- 2007 - developed CT scanner, images of heart & brain in one rotation
- 2010 - world's first 3D LCD TV not requiring glasses
- 2017 - eco printer, world's first erasable toner printer
- 2020 -Awarded Dewent top 100 global innovators for 9th consecutive year
In the printing world, guided by their organisational values, Toshiba has changed the meaning of eco-friendly offices.
We all do our best to create eco-friendly practices within our offices, but Toshiba has taken the meaning to a whole new level. The e-STUDIO4508LP is one of the company’s latest innovations, delivering the world’s only erasable printer. This innovative device removes the blue toner from printed documents, enabling the reprint of paper up to 5 times. At the touch of a button, users can erase documents and reduce their carbon footprint, as well as lowering costs.
Since the early origins in 1875, Toshiba has been an innovative force in the world of technology, and we are proud to be a supplier of such a sustainable and committed brand.